Learn Java Programming From Scratch
Begin a career in programming and development by mastering the basics of the Java programming language with the Learn Java Programming From Scratch course. As the name implies, this course is specifically designed for absolute beginners who want to take their first steps into programming.
This course is perfect for:
- Non-programmers who would like to learn the fundamentals of coding with Java.
- Developers who would like to add basic Java to their skillset.
- Individuals interested in the cross-platform capabilities of the Java language, or who want to know more about coding for Android mobile devices.
- Hobbyist developers who want a cost-effective way to boost their skills and prepare them for a job in software development.
The Learn Java Programming From Scratch course is delivered online, so contents are available anyplace anytime, perfect for students who have to work a full-time job as they learn. All materials are written in easy-to-understand language so that learners are sure to understand the concepts being taught without getting bogged down in technical jargon.
Ensure they have fully grasped the concepts behind the Android system. Social networking tools built into the course platform provide a way for students to share knowledge and experience, adding another valuable learning tool.
Key Learning Points
Written for absolute beginners, the Learn Java Programming From Scratch course will allow any learner to get started quickly, even if they have no prior development experience.
In just eight hours of video tutorials, students will have covered:
- The use of variables to hold data for use within applications.
- Using strings and mathematical operators to handle text and numbers.
- Applying Boolean logic to define program flow and outcomes based on a pair of conditions.
- Using loops to repeat actions within a program.
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and how they are applied to application development.
- Using arrays and multidimensional arrays to store and retrieve data.
- How to Try and Catch exceptions that may otherwise cause the application to crash.
- How to collect and use information supplied by application users.
- Reading and writing to and from files.
Advantages of this course
Once the Learn Java Programming From Scratch course has been completed, students will have a complete understanding of Java programming basics, and be able to build simple applications from scratch.
Students will realise several benefits including:
- Practical programming skills that can be applied to real world scenarios.
- Improved on-the-job-performance, helping learners become a valued member of the development team.
- Improved employment prospects, whether though internal promotion or in a programming role elsewhere.
- Basic Java programming skills that provide a basis for further study.
The Learn Java Programming From Scratch course is an essential first step towards Java development proficiency for any would-be programmer, that will open doors to new opportunities at work and at home.
- Getting Started
- Introduction to the course
- Strings & Mathematical Operators
- Methods (Functions)
- Boolean Logic & IF ELSE Statements (Part 1/2)
- Boolean Logic & IF ELSE Statements (Part 2/2)
- For Loop
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Constructors (OOP)
- Multi-dimensional Arrays
- Array Lists
- String Functions
- Try Catch & Exceptions
- User Input
- File Reading/Writing
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above