Canine Communication Course
Do you want to learn techniques to train and ultimately enrich your relationship with your dog? Or are you keen to learn broader communication skills with different breeds of dogs with a view to embarking on a rewarding new career working with them? Either way, this great-value online course is designed to give you a deeper understanding of the evolution of dogs, their emotions and how you can interpret their behaviour to communicate effectively with them.
What Will I Learn?
You’ll cover all areas needed to successfully communicate with dogs either as an owner or professional. Highlights include learning about how dogs socialise with each other and us humans, finding out about your responsibilities when it comes to caring for dogs appropriately, and exploring how to nip common canine behavioural problems in the bud.
Who is the Course For?
No previous qualifications are needed to embark on this easy-to-access course apart from a love of dogs and a desire to improve your communication with them. Because all study takes place online, it’s very easy to fit around your existing work and family commitments.
Key Learning Points
Progress through the fun and easy-to-follow modules to learn all you need to know about communicating with canines.
- Begin with a definition of canine communication, a guide to how dogs communicate verbally and with body language and a summary of the evolution of dogs.
- Find out about the importance of socialisation for dogs, when best to socialise a dog, how dogs socialise with each other and the concept of canine vocalisation.
- Explore differences in breed and cross-breed communications including how a dog’s breed can affect how it communicates, specific dog breed behaviours and why different breeds display different body language.
- Learn about potential behavioural problems in dogs and how to control them, including aggression, barking, disruptive chewing, and mouthing and biting.
- Find out how dogs communicate with humans and how to read their behaviour including vocalisation, body language and physical contact.
- Explore how to improve your communication with dogs through effective talk and hand signals.
- Get confident with your role as a dog owner including choosing the right dog for your family, how to prepare your home for your dog and your responsibilities when it comes to your dog’s care and safety.
- Learn about how understanding how dogs interpret our speech can help you teach commands to dogs, the most common commands you need to master and common pitfalls to avoid.
- Find out about the science and research on dogs’ emotions and how to understand the many emotions that dogs feel.
- Explore career options for working with dogs including the training, salaries and hours involved in the various options.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Technical support is available, should you encounter difficulties.
- Clear and concise content makes learning a pleasure.
- Enjoy 12 months access to the course on signing up.
- Learning how to be an effective canine communicator won’t just improve your relationship with your pet, it will open up lots of exciting new career opportunities.
Training and bonding with dogs will be easy and instinctive when you sign up to the Canine Communication Diploma.
This course is CPD certified.
- How to define canine communication
- How dogs communicate verbally
- How dogs communicate with body language
- The evolution of dogs
- Why socialisation is so important to a canine
- When it is best to socialise a dog
- How dogs socialise with each other
- The concept of canine vocalisation
- Why different breeds have different body languages
- An overview of how a dog's breed can determine how they communicate
- Specific dog breed behaviours
- How dogs communicate from breed to breed
- What aggression is and how it is controlled
- How to control barking
- How to stop disruptive chewing
- How to stop mouthing and biting
- How dogs communicate with their human companions
- How to read the way a dog vocalises
- How to understand a dog's body language
- What it means when a dog touches you in a certain way
- How to better communicate with dogs
- How to talk to a dog effectively
- Effective ways to use verbal communication with a dog
- Effective ways to use hand signals with dogs
- How to choose the right dog for your family
- How to prepare before bringing a dog home
- Your responsibility when it comes to the general care of the dog
- How to keep your dog safe
- How dogs interpret our speech
- How to teach commands to dogs
- The most common commands to teach a dog
- Common training mistakes
- An overview of dogs and emotions
- The history of the research on dogs' emotions
- How to understand the emotions that dogs feel
- The science behind certain canine emotions
- About career paths in the UK, where one can work with dogs
- The approximate hours one puts into these jobs, each week
- The average salary one can expect, as of 2016, in these professions
- The training that one must take, to work in these careers
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above