Begin the process of building a structured IT service offering using the world-renowned ITIL® to provide the framework. Designed for IT support and service professionals of all levels, the ITIL® Foundation course is the first step towards full ITIL® Expert status.
ITIL® Foundation course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services. They are also guaranteed to receive a good understanding of ITIL® principles and how they could be applied to improving and formalising their own IT service operations.
Using the foundation-level training, IT service management professionals and engineers will be able to:
- Assess their existing IT service offering and management processes against ITIL® best practice guidelines.
- Begin the process of planning and migrating to an ITIL®-based service operation.
- Implement a transitional service offering to maintain standards according to user expectations during the move over to an ITIL® framework.
- IT Managers or Practitioners involved in the strategy, design, implementation and ongoing delivery of business-used IT services.
- Individuals requiring an insight into Service Management best practice.
At the end of the course students will not only be prepared to sit the ITIL® Foundation exam, but also have laid the groundwork to take their studies to the next level. Upon completion participants will be ready to move on to the ITIL® Intermediate and Expert-level qualifications as and when required.
Key Learning Points
Specifically intended as a basic overview of the ITIL® framework and how to apply it, the Information Technology Infrastructure Library course provides more than 20 hours of e-Learning content to communicate and test student comprehension. Nine separate modules walk delegates through:
- The service management lifecycle and the key stages used to manage service requests.
- Defining a service strategy that meets the needs of all users of the IT service.
- Implementing a service that supports the strategy.
- Building intermediate delivery services that maintain standards during the transition period.
- The operations required to maintain customers expected levels of service and satisfaction.
- Building a continual service improvement plan that keeps raising standards and customer satisfaction levels.
The ITIL® Foundation course uses a mix of audio, video and written course materials, allowing students to study wherever and whenever is most suitable for them.
Advantages of this course
By completing the ITIL® Foundation course, IT professionals tasked with service management and delivery will immediately benefit from:
- Full preparation for the ITIL® Foundation-level examination.
- A working knowledge of the ITIL® framework and how it may be best applied to improving and streamlining IT service provisions.
- Improved on the job performance, particularly within organisations already using ITIL® to manage service delivery.
- Broader employment opportunities as students gain new, in-demand service planning and management skills.
For senior service delivery managers, the Information Technology Infrastructure Library course is the first step towards mastering the ITIL® framework. The ITIL® course is an essential foundation for all IT professionals operating in an organisation that uses the ITIL® framework for service provision. Without this training, IT service professionals are unlikely to properly understand and fulfil their duties and responsibilities.
The ITIL® courses on this page are offered by iTSM Solutions ATO of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- Service Management as a practice
- The concept of good practice
- The concept of a service & Service Management
- Define processes, roles and functions.
- Understand the Service Lifecycle and its key concepts
- Understand the business value of the phases.
- Understanding the key terminology, the key concepts of Service Management, key principles and models.
- What is Service Strategy?
- Understand the goals & objectives of Service Strategy
- Understand the 4 main activities of Service Strategy
- Basic overview of value creation through services
- Overview 3 Service Strategy processes.
- Importance of people, processes, products & partners
- Understand the five major aspects of Service Design
- Understand the different sourcing approaches
- Overview of the 7 Service Design processes.Service Transition
- Explain the Service V model
- Overview of Service Transition processes.
- IT Service versus technology components
- Quality of Service versus cost of service
- Reactive versus proactive
- Overview of the Service Transition processes
- Objectives of Continual Service Improvement
- The 7 step improvement process.
- The Service Desk; Technical Management
- Application Mgmt; IT Operations Mgmt.
- Process owner; Service Owner; RACI model in determining organisational structure.
- Requirements for an integrated set of Service Management technology
- How Service automation assists with integrated processes.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Free Disk space|
|1 GB Free Space Required|
|Internet Explorer 11