Every action you take or word you utter in front of a child can change their behaviour in a way that can shape their thoughts, feelings and emotions in the future. So, it is crucial for you to understand what impact you are having, and to spot signs of psychological disabilities and disorders so you can better understand how a child is behaving and how to manage it.
In this course, you will learn about how well-being, self-esteem and emotional intelligence can affect a child’s temperament, attachment and self-control. You will also learn about the relationship between psychological disabilities and aggression and violence, including bullying and how to manage challenging behaviour, like Conduct Disorder (CD) and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD).
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- An introduction to children’s behaviour where you will build awareness of societal differences in attitude to children’s behaviour.
- Understand the importance of well-being, self-esteem and emotional intelligence and literacy on self-control
- The range of impulsive behavioural responses and understand the impact a child’s temperament has on their response to external events
- How frustration can manifest into different types of aggressive behaviour and the influence of modelling
- Knowledge of behavioural symptoms and the potential causes
- The causes and effects of bullying
- The impact of ADHD on children’s behaviour and the psychological approaches to coping with ADHD
- Understand the difference between CD & ODD
- Techniques for managing challenging behaviour
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Have a complex understanding of common child behaviours and how they can be identified and managed.
- Implement the knowledge you learn as soon as you finish the course.
- Experienced and qualified tutors available to support you throughout your course.
- Improve your relationship with your child through your newfound knowledge.
- Ideal for teachers, teaching assistant, SEN staff, carers and parents.
- Introduction to Children’s Behaviour
- Well-Being, Self-Esteem and Emotional Intelligence
- Temperament, Attachment and Self-Control
- Aggression and Violence
- Psychological Disabilitie
- Focus on Bullying
- Focus on ADHD
- Conduct Disorder (CD) and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Techniques for Managing Challenging Behaviour
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above