Make 3D Characters
3D games are a modern phenomenon. Who would have thought that when you were playing early games like Space Invaders and Super Mario that the handful of pixels on your screen would turn into realistic cities, tropical islands and zombie apocalypse-style dystopias?
The first major 3D success was Battlezone, a tank game released in 1980 using vector graphics. Since then we have seen beautiful games with immersion appear en masse. Look no further than games with the current graphic levels of Grand Theft Auto 5, Battlefield 1 and The Witcher 3, which no doubt in the next 20 years we’ll be calling retro when the next technological advancements appear.
What is MakeHuman?
MakeHuman is an open source 3D computer graphics software designed to help Developers and Designers create realistic characters. It’s a free software and makes the design process fast and intuitive: combined with Blender 3D, you will be able to make art assets including characters using the powerful Blender cross-platform programme.
What will I learn?
The course will also teach you how you can integrate the art and characters you make in the popular Unity game development platform. Unity is used to build 2D and 3D games and due to its cross-platform format, it’s easy to use with other programs to help you build the perfect characters to fit into your gaming world.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- An overview of things you’ll learn in MakeHuman
- Use MakeHuman to design and create characters
- An overview of the Blender programme
- How to import your model and fine tune it in Blender
- Importing your model into Unity and how to utilise the best of both platforms
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Build a solid foundation in programming and game design as you bolster your experience and portfolio, which are two key in factors such a creative industry
- The software used in the course is free to download, so you can download and start creating as soon as you begin your course. Follow this link to download the software - http://www.makehumancommunity.org/
- The course is for anyone who wants to design more realistic characters, even complete beginners.
- Create imaginative 3D characters digitally
- This course is taught by a highly-experienced trainer
- 24/7 access to the course content over 12 months
- Things We'll Learn in MakeHuman
- Using MakeHuman to Make Characters
- Overview of Blender
- Importing Model into Blender
- Fine Tuning the Model in Blender
- Importing Model into Unity
- MakeHuman into Unity
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above